Update Released: v1.7.9
• Fix: Users reporting a fiscal year of July-June were incorrectly being prompted to add historical prices for the year ending June 2020.
Update Released: v1.7.8
• Exchange file import: Support for older format Binance Deposit/Withdrawal files (Deprecated) and Independent Reserve Orders file.
• Transaction category names updated: Any category marked with (NP) indicates no historical prices will be required (exc. fee). For non-taxable events. Moonie will automatically update any previous category names in your database.
• General bug fixes and performance improvement when generating reports.
Update Released: Mac/Win v1.7.7
• Import transaction history from Binance export csv/xlsx files. Deposits, Withdrawals, Trades. Support for more exchanges coming soon.
• Generic file import now supports xlsx files.
• Option to auto assign currency names after importing transactions.
• Option to set a custom delimiter for either importing or exporting csv files.
• Option to choose the text overflow mode for tables. Ellipsis or overflow.
• Overall table scroll sensitivity has been sped up.
~ See in-app help tooltips for more info on newly added options.
Quick Dev Update
Next update is not far away. Just adding a few final touches before release. It pretty much involves improvements to importing/exporting transactions. Import Binance exchange files, XLSX support and option to set a custom delimiter for CSV.
Supporting more exchanges for file import is my target moving forward. API importing of transactions will come at a later date.
Update Released: Mac v1.7.4 Win v1.6
This update focuses on a few UI improvements and general bug fixes.
Mainly, the way text is rendered to the screen has been changed to display a higher quality character image. This will be most noticeable on non-retina monitors.
Help tooltips will now show when clicked on, as opposed to hovering the mouse over them.
An issue with the Transactions Report displaying a Fiat Unit Price of 1 (on empty currency fields) has been fixed.
Moving on, I'll start working on adding Exchange Specific CSV file import support. Will also take this time to optimise the CSV export logic. Currently, exporting large (detailed) datasets can cause a slight hang in the program. Thanks again for the feedback :)
Update Released: Mac v1.7.3 Win v1.5
Access to historical price data is now an option under the prices tab. If enabled, Moonie will attempt to find any required missing prices. Data is provided by Coinpaprika.com 🌶
Please note: Any custom coin references created in the Assign tab will not return any data. For these, prices will need to be manually entered.
As with the last update, it could take some time to show up on all App Stores.
Integrating access to historical price data is nearing completion.
This feature adds an option to the Prices tab allowing the user to enable Auto Fetch. When active, Moonie will attempt to find historical prices for any missing currency dates.
The last update took an unusually long time to show up on all Mac App Stores (~ 3 days). This is something out of my control and depends on how quickly Apple update their servers. All previous updates were available within an hour or so of release.
Moving on. Next update is focused on integrating access to historical prices.
Update Released: Mac v1.7.2 Win v1.4
Moonie now supports coins that share the same symbol. This new feature requires all past and future transactions to be assigned a currency symbol and currency name.
Existing users will be required to go through a once off check of their transactions to see if they can be matched to a supported currency. This is an automatic process, but if Moonie cannot find a proper match, then the user will have to manually assign any outstanding.
For any unknown coins, like a new ICO, then the user can create a new currency reference (symbol and name for the ICO coin/token).
More details are provided in-app on first run.
If you feel a coin should be supported and is not an option from the assign dropdown, please let me know via twitter or email :)
Quick Dev Update
Progress on the duplicate symbol update is coming along quicker than expected and could quite possibly be ready within a week.
I've also started integrating historical price data for calculating past balance values and for any past transactions that are missing their cost basis value.
If you are experiencing poor screen quality on an older computer please see the FAQ. A UI overhaul will come at a later date. For now, building out core functionality is my main priority.
Duplicate Coin Symbols
There is an issue with coins that use the same symbol. For example PlayChip (PLA) and Plair (PLA) both share the same symbol.
Moonie uses the coins symbol as reference to sort data and also when attempting to fetch live prices. If a duplicate symbol is found, Moonie will only return the price for the coin with the highest market cap ranking, as it cannot yet differentiate between the two.
I am currently addressing this issue by changing the way Moonie references coins within the database. This is requiring quite significant changes to be made to the underlying structure of the program and an ETA on the update is unknown.
But I am onto it! and will keep you posted. There could be other updates roll out before this one is complete tho.
Update Released: Mac v1.7.1 Win v1.3
• Live price data now provided by Coinpaprika.com 🌶
• Added un/realised gains long/short-term hold split to the dashboard.
• Added current market values for long-term asset amounts to the holds report.
• Various bug fixes and report generation performance improvement.
App version numbering: Working towards aligning the Mac and Windows version numbers. By v1.7.6 they will match.
Welcome to Moonie's Dev Blog
Hi! Here you can keep up-to-date on all stages of Moonie's development as it continues to grow and improve.
Please note: The timeframe for rolling out each update depends heavily on the nature of work involved. General bug fixes / minor improvements can be rolled out within a few days, whereas something like integrating exchange APIs could potentially take me some weeks to complete.
As always, your continued feedback is greatly appreciated and I'll push out updates as often as possible.
Thank you ~ James